Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

I made a couple dishes to celebrate the 4th of July for a pre-4th of July cookout last night.

My standard Red, White and Blue Cookie Cake....


To make this....
-shape some slice and bake sugar cookie dough into a rectangle and cook it  (it will take longer to cook since it's one big cookie)
-mix together a brick of cream cheese with some powdered sugar (1/2-1 cups)
-then mix in a half a small tub of whipped topping
-spread it over the cooled cookie and then top with red and blue berries

Caprese Salad Skewers...


To make-
-marinate cherry tomatoes and mini mozzarella balls (bocconcini) in a little bit of olive oil, garlic salt and red pepper flakes (for a couple hours)
-then thread halved tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and fresh basil leaves onto wooden skewers
-drizzle with sea salt, pepper and  balsamic vinegar

Happy 4th of July!

5 comments:

bmellisen said...

The caprese salad stick things were by far the best caprese salad item that we had at the cookout. I like the little mozzerella balls. I enjoy all your cookie cakes, maybe you should make them for other holidays. Happy 4th.

Jenni said...

Now I'm even more sad that I missed the cookout/ turkey smoker.

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

Girl, powdered sugar + cream cheese + fruit = love in my book. The skewers look great too. Why wasn't I invited to your party? ;)

$hanzie said...

HARSH B!!!! I made a twist on caprese salad for the cookout too and I thought it was quite tasty.... seriously, it was good.... it was cherry heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella balls, salt and pepper, and pesto..... well I enjoyed it and there wasn't a lot left so I feel like other people at least semi liked it. :(

Gene said...

The cookie cake and skewers were awesome. Actualy everything at the cookout tasted great.