Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Baby Shower Craft Hour-Alphabet Book


This weekend, my friends and I had a baby shower for Beezus5 who is having a baby in January-ish.  I think that the most important thing about party planning is trying to make it personalized to the individual.  Beezus5 likes reading so we had a book themed baby shower (with some owls and Harry Potter and Fall stuff thrown in there too).

I kind of like making stuff, so I thought it would be fun to force people to make a craft at the baby shower.  We made an alphabet book for B5 and her baby that also doubled as a guest book so one day mini B5 will know who came to her mom's baby shower.

I bought a photo album and made a page for each letter of the alphabet (by adding alphabet sticker).  Then we had each person draw or color a page and sign the back.  I was concerned that some people would not want to draw (or think they were not good enough at drawing) so I found some alphabet pictures at the Dollar Tree that people could just color if they did not want to draw.

Shanzie and my mom were so excited to be getting their craft on...
This ended up working much better than I thought it would.  I have come to realize recently that not everyone loves crafting or making stuff as much as me, but everyone at the shower willingly participated in this craft.   Some of the drawings were realllllly awesome (not my drawing of a jar of jam per se)...




Have you ever been to a baby shower where you had to make a craft?
Don't you wish you had your own ABC book?

6 comments:

Mo Young said...

Yes, your mom & Shanzie look super stoked to be crafting. But seriously, great idea! Very B5 themed & cute. I've never made a craft at a baby shower, but um, I would like an ABC book w/stuff all about me! Ha!

$hanzie said...

I was excited to craft! And I hope that a)my participation and b) my obvious enthusiasm as is displayed in the above picture redeem me from this summer's craft mishap.
p.s. I promise I once won honorable mention at the scholastic art fair in high school... i will keep telling everyone i know that until I die!

Bonnie said...

I love me and mini B5's book! Cant wait to teach her the alphabet with it!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh my gosh cute!

Leesh said...

This ABC book is a great idea! So very cute.

Darcy said...

Great idea. I'm totally going to use this at an upcoming baby shower. I'm curious, where did you get the pastel printed paper for the individual notes? All I seem to be finding at Michael's are very busy prints. Thanks so much for this idea!