Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Just in Time for Thanksgiving...How to Make Your Own Easy Centerpieces

I made these centerpieces for my recent birthday dinner party.  Here is how I did it.


1-Drink a lot of beer and wine (not at one time) and eat a bunch of spaghetti sauce and mayonnaise (also not at one time or even at the same meal).  Ok really you just need some bottles.  For some reason my husband had been stacking empty wine bottles beside the sink so I decided to go ahead and make something out of them.  Then I realized it had been awhile since I had cleaned the fridge so I went ahead and threw away some old mayo and salad dressing and pasta sauce and cleaned out those jars. 

2-Peel off the labels of the jars.  I used a tip that I learned here, and with some assistance from B, I removed the labels from the jars and bottles.

3-Buy some flowers.  I bought a mix of 4 different bunches from Harris Teeter.  I picked Fall colors since that was my theme.  I have heard great things about buying flowers at Trader Joes and Costco as well. 

4-Arrange the flowers and the jars so that they look amazing on your table/tables.  I decided to use green and brown jars on one table and clear jars on the other.  Then I had to arrange the flowers.  That was probably the hardest part.  Sometimes I'm not good at figuring out what looks good together but I think I did a decent job.  I went with single flowers in the tall glasses and groups of smaller flowers in the smaller mason jars.

And there you have it.  Lovely table centerpieces that are easy to make and not too costly.  (PS-I got more complements on the flowers than the giant pot roast I made.)



5 comments:

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

Those are gorgeous! and very easy to do, looks like. And for all you southerners, Publix has great fresh flowers too...I think 3 bunches for $10!

Mo Young said...

Now THIS I can do! I'm sure everyone loved the pot roast as much as the flowers too!

Hutch said...

I don't eat mayo (barf) but I certainly drink enough wine and beer to make this happen! What a great idea.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love those! They look great!

Jenni said...

Stunning just stunning! I loved the pot roast just as much if not more than the flowers. The flowers were beautiful but I don't think they tasted delicious.