Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Crafts-Coasters

I'm becoming a pro at coaster making.  I originally discovered this phenomenon on Pinterest and have taken it to the next level for holiday gift giving and decor.  Here is the set I made for my house.  I love this Martha Stewart (I think) paper I got with a coupon at Michaels.

These are so easy.  In case you need a reminder on what to do....  Buy tiles at Home Depot or Lowes.  Tiles are super cheap, less than 20 cents each.  Buy pretty craft paper at the craft store.  Cut paper into squares (a cheap paper cutter makes this much easier) and mod podge the paper to the tile.  I do a layer below the paper and over the top.  Let this dry.  Then spray a couple of coats of clear spray paint (also available at the craft store) and let dry for a couple days.  Then add felt to the bottom (I bought a sheet of the sticky felt).  Here's the original Pinterest link.

I also made some as an early Christmas gift for my in-laws and I'm considering giving them out to a few other people on my Christmas list.  I think these make a great co-worker gift, which is always hard for me to figure out.
Are you making any Christmas presents this year?

6 comments:

$hanzie said...

Yes, I am making some Christmas crafts this year- the same $hanzie who was disgraced in the world of crafts this summer with an epic earring craft fail. I plan on making a triumphant return to my artistic roots- get excited.

Mo Young said...

Good stuff! I love mine :) I'm not making a single gift this year ... but I am very excited to hear that $hanzie is! Way to get back on that craft wagon.

Hutch said...

What a great idea! I'm just making the normal onesies this christmas. A few new babies have arrived in the last week.

Jenni said...

Very nice! And Shanzie I am excited to see what you craft.

Unknown said...

these are freakin awesome! Randomly enough this weekend I was just thinking that I needed some coasters in my house... no joke! I bet this would work with pictures printed in color on paper too, right?

robyn said...

I was thisclose to making these this year, but I went with memory boards instead. Though, looking at your pictures is making me second guess that decision...